CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Resolutions Revisited....How am I doing?

I have been working hard at trying to live up to my goals and improving my leadership skills through bettering myself. Unfortunately, it's so damn cold!! Reading is easy when it's cold though so I've been getting plenty of that done.

I wanted to go for a walk today but I don't even want to leave the house. It's not that it's any colder then the past few weeks, in fact, it's actually warmer. I'm just sick of the cold.

I thought yesterday that I would stay in to do some excercise so I attempted to do yoga on the floor. Notice the word attempted. This is not in regard to my lack of desire to do the yoga, nor is it an inability to get into the awkward positions required while toning and shaping your muscles. This is in fact because of my daughter. Please note, this is not a mom blog moment, this is a giggle moment. While on my hands and knees doing the different poses my daughter starts giggling and crawling in between my legs and arms. Have you ever had a baby doing that? It became very very difficult to focus and after trying to distract her from me without throwing her in the crib I finally gave up. I did do some though, which is better then nothing.

I have also been reading "Cesar's Way". It speaks a lot about being the lead pack animal in your dogs life. There are also many people who have changed their lives and their relationships by adding these concepts into their people lives let alone their dogs lives. He speaks about being calm-assertive and how your energy affects the people around you, or dogs in the case of the book.

I think these are great ideas for a leader of any group. The reality is, as much as we don't like to think about it, humans are a pack animal. Cesar refers to how extended families, governments, and church groups are as much a type of pack as a dog pack is. There is a hierarchy and defined leaders in every pack be in the pastor, the patriarch of the family, or the Prime Minister. By being calm-assertive you will naturally be portraying yourself as a leader in any group because of you believe and give off the energy associated with leadership.

I intend to learn how to be calm-assertive as I know that I am not right now. I have a friend who is a dog trainer that trains the same way Cesar does so hopefully I can learn from him. If I truly want to be a leader and run my own home business then I have to be that leader. I need people to be attracted to my leadership abilities and my "energy" if I ever intend to be the leader that I want to be.

So I guess my resolutions are going ok. I don't know if I've actually lost any weight yet but the important thing is that I'm trying. I'll also keep reading and learning as much as I can so I can get this business going and be able to stay at home with my beautiful daughter.

0 comments: