CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 11, 2009

My Value

What do I have to offer? I keep hearing the phrase value over and over again. So I started to think what value do I have. I think I've come up with a few things.

I have a caring heart to offer. I care about people and about the world around me. I was the child that cried when I watched Bambi when I was less then a year old. It's true!!! My mom told me so and she wouldn't lie. I also cried during an episode of Rin-Tin-Tin when a little boy was hanging off of a cliff and was going to die. I want people to succeed in their own lives and experience success. Success can be anything you want it to. It can be having a healthy family, or a great career, it could be running the marathon that you always wished you could but never did. Success could be making tons of money or visiting the Parthenon. I want for people whatever they want for themselves.

I think I am a very loyal friend. I have friends that I have known for years that I am still best friends with. In fact, I still regularily hang out with people that I have know for 7 and 8 years. That must be a sign of some sort that people want to be friends with me that long. Especially after they get to know me.

I have integrity. I do what I say I'm going to do. I believe that what happens behind closed doors shouldn't be any different from what you do in front of people and what you say behind someones back you can say to them in person. Having integrity though can be hard sometimes. There are days that it can be tested beyond all measure. I watched Mad Money tonight and it makes me think of integrity. Could I refuse to take the money if I had a sure fire way to get it? I have refused opportunities like that in the past. I worked for a company in management and could easily have pocketed some of the money but I passed up that chance so I could keep my integrity.

I think I am an honest person. People who know me would say that sometimes I am brutally honest. I think sugur coating many things only make it worse. If things like the news wasn't sugur coated maybe our world would be different.

I'm sure that I have many, many more things that make me valuable but at this hour my mind is running towards a dead end. Value is something that you need to be aware of in your own life though. The day that you no longer have value in your eyes then it is time to speak to someone about it because I'm sure that someone that you know will have something positive to say about your value.

0 comments: